21.9.08

omgwtfbbq

Sometimes when I read the news I'm forced into mass confusion with no other thought in my head but "Omgwtfbbq??" Things in the news these days just... don't make any sense to me... maybe because, in my eyes, they're so ... stupid that I have difficulties comprehending them. *sigh*

1. Miley Cyrus dating rumours
First off, let's establish the fact that I could frankly care less if Miley Cyrus stopped breathing. Then let's discuss how little I care who she dates, or might be dating (and I feel this way about any celebrity). I care... well, I don't care... at all. But it bugs the crap out of me that the only real reason that her latest possible love interest is making gossip headlines is because he's 20, and she's 15. Now, besides the usual statuatory rape issues, who the fuck has the right to judge if he's too old for her? Helloooooo: it's only five years... as much as I hate to say it, maybe the age difference would put them on the same maturity level... but that's a biiiiig 'maybe.'

2. Abstinence only sex education
"Hey Bristol, how's that abstinence only education working for you?"
Yyyeah, it's not. Abstinence only may be an effective form of birth control (but it only works if you actually ABSTAIN), but it's not a valid form of sex education. There's a big difference between ignorance and innocence. Young men and women have the right to choose innocence, but they don't have the right to choose ignorance. How a child recieves sex education should be up to each individual parent, but it's the school system's job to provide the cold, hard facts. If parents don't want their children to have them, they have the right to pull them out. But considering that only one or two children are pulled out of high school sex ed. for those reasons, I don't think it's right to deprive the rest of the students of the things that they NEED TO KNOW. In order to make educated choices, one must first be educated. Abstienence only ≠ Education.

3. Sarah Palin
Oh, why the hell not move on to the SOURCE of all this obnoxious abstinence only buzz... Sarah Palin is the only woman I know who actually has the capacity to make my blood boil (George Bush being the only man). Does she really think that the American public, and especially women are that stupid? I don't give a fuck if you have a vagina, I will not vote for you. I want a Vice President with a lot more experience and a lot less hyper-religious conservative stupdity. Being mayor of a town of 9,000 (and leaving that town in shambles when she left office) and Governor of a State with more polar bears than people (this is a generalization, of course) doesn't scream "HEY! I know what I'm doing!" All it says is that she's the biggest female tool on the face of the planet. She has no foreign policy experience, no experience on the National level, and a head full of right-wing insanity that can only harm this country. Abortion may not be 'right,' same sex marriage may not be 'right,' but *I* as a human being, do not have the 'right' to tell anyone else how to live their life. Religious beliefs or not, it isn't my place. In my eyes, telling a woman she cannot have an abortion is just as bad as telling a woman she cannot have children, and telling a same sex couple that they cannot be married is the same as telling a heterosexual couple that they can't tie the knot. In all logical, intelligent realms of thinking, these things are parallel, but people are blinded by what their religion and what their church tells them, so they can't see the truth. Try thinking for yourself instead of letting the Bible or some misguided child molester do it for you, eh?

4. ... and her glasses.
Speaking of seeing, Sarah Palin's glasses are the most disproportionate and ugly pieces of eyewear I've ever seen in my human life, and anyone dumb enough to wear and/or purchase those for ANY reason whatsoever should be shot. Ugugugug.


Ugh, rant complete... for now. I feel better, don't you? :)
<3amber

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Well you know, if a girl can't get the hard facts from the school she'll get them from her boyfriend later. And he's not gonna be willing to pull out of sex ed. ;]